updated 3/7/2005 2:32:22 PM ET 2005-03-07T19:32:22

The Massachusetts utility, N-Star, is being blamed for the electrocution of a dog in Boston.

Thirteen-year-old Kyle Devito was walking his one-year-old boxer, named Cassius, yesterday morning when the dog suddenly went into convulsions and died. Investigators later determined that the dog had stepped on a muddy section of the sidewalk where a light pole had once stood. The pole was removed years ago, but an N-Star spokesman says the underground wires were still electrified.

The Boston Inspectional Services Department has issued a citation against the company, saying it should have shut off the power when the pole was removed.

Cassius was a Christmas present to Kyle and his ten-year-old brother.

© 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Discuss:

Discussion comments

,

Most active discussions

  1. votes comments
  2. votes comments
  3. votes comments
  4. votes comments