When we made "The Bridge," we wanted to bridge the gap within Asian-American families and talk about things that we don't normally talk about — things like love and sex, immigration and intimacy. But more importantly, we wanted to inspire our viewers like you to have similar conversations within your own home.
And that's why we're issuing "The 'L' Word Challenge." We want to ask you to go home and say "I love you" to your parents and film the whole thing.
Guidelines for filming:
- Shoot on your mobile device horizontally (landscape)
- Shoot in evenly lit area without too much external noise
- After saying the L-Word, allow your parent(s) to respond
- Send us raw footage to: firstname.lastname@example.org without adding any music or effects by Jan. 1, 2017
- With your submission include your full name, city, state
"Jubilee Project: The Bridge" is a five-part series on "NBC Asian America Presents...," a digital video channel that features original content centered around themes and voices found in Asian American and Pacific Islander communities. "NBC Asian America Presents..." videos can also be watched on NBC Asian America's Facebook page, NBC News' official YouTube channel, and the NBC News app available on mobile devices, Roku, Apple TV, and Amazon Fire TV.
Catch up on more videos online at NBCAsianAmericaPresents.com.
WATCH MORE "JUBILEE PROJECT: THE BRIDGE":
- Episode 1: Coming to America
- Episode 2: The 'L' Word
- Episode 3: The Sex Talk
- Episode 4: Love Story
- Episode 5: Face to Face
Editor's Note: By submitting videos to NBC Asian America, you are granting NBC Asian America permission to use the content across its platforms. Submissions are not guaranteed to be used in its entirety, or at all.