Michael Jackson's insomnia apparently went back much further than his propofol days.
In fact, the late singer was struggling to sleep between 1993 and 1996. Julien's Auctions in Beverly Hills obtained a letter written by Jackson to his then-wife Lisa Marie Presley in which he details his dire need for rest.
Although this little piece of M.J. history was scheduled to be sold in the company's upcoming Music Icons auction, CEO Darren Julien told E! News the letter is no longer going to be up for auction per a request from Presley.
In the handwritten note, Jackson says: "I truly need this rest. I haven't slept litterally (sic) in 4 days and I need to be away from phones and business people. I just take care of my health first. Im' (sic) crazy for you."
He signs the scribbled note, "Love, Turd," an apparent nickname of his.
Julien said it was because of the "personal nature" of the note and the company's desire to maintain a "good relationship" with Presley (who was married to Jackson from 1994 to 1996) that they adhered to this "reasonable request."
At this time, he was unable to say where the note will end up next.
What do you think about Presley's request? Share your thoughts on our Facebook page.
- Video: Jackson auction shows insight into singer's life
- Slideshow: The life and career of Michael Jackson
- Did Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston have a brief romance?
- Man charged with assault after demanding moonwalk dance at gunpoint
- Michael Jackson's surgical mask, worn on the eve of his death, now up for sale