Seven firefighters were hospitalized by a suspected lighting strike as they tackled a house blaze in Vermont that is believed to have been triggered by an earlier bolt, officials said late Wednesday. They were taken to the emergency room at Brattleboro Memorial Hospital but no serious injuries were reported, the hospital said in a statement.
Crews from six fire departments were dispatched to tackle the house fire in Guildford, Vermont, on Wednesday afternoon, volunteer firefighter Dan Stoughton told the Battleboro Reformer newspaper. Vermont State Police Department later tweeted about the injured men, saying: “Please keep them in your thoughts.”
- It’s a Hurricane! Arthur Strengthens and Takes Aim at East Coast
- Hurricane Arthur Threatens Tourist Towns on North Carolina Coast
- Will Your Fireworks Be Rained Out? A Guide for Arthur-Wary East Coasters
- Alastair Jamieson