Feedback
News

U.S.-Led Fight Against ISIS Has Killed 352 Civilians: Pentagon

At least 352 civilians have been killed in U.S.-led strikes against ISIS targets in Iraq and Syria since the operation began in 2014, the U.S. military said in a statement on Sunday.

The Combined Joint Task Force, in its monthly assessment of civilian casualties from the U.S. coalition's operations against the militant group, said it was still assessing 42 reports of civilian deaths.

Related: Trump Admin Ups Drone Strikes, Tolerates More Civilian Deaths: U.S. Officials

It added that 45 civilians were killed from November to March.

The task force reported 80 civilian deaths from August 2014 to the present that had not previously been announced. The report included 26 deaths from three strikes in March.

The military's official tally is far below those of other outside groups. Monitoring group Airwars said more than 3,000 civilians have been killed by coalition air strikes.

Related: CENTCOM Investigates Whether U.S. Airstrikes Killed 200 Civilians In Mosul

Included in Sunday's tally were 14 civilians killed by a strike in March that set off a secondary explosion, as well as 10 civilians who were killed in a strike on Islamic State headquarters the same month.

"We regret the unintentional loss of civilian lives ... and express our deepest sympathies to the families and others affected by these strikes," the Pentagon said in a statement.