Welcome to The Lid, your afternoon dose of the 2016 ethos…Donald Trump in recent days has accused members of the mainstream media of being entwined in a sophisticated global conspiracy network. Illuminati, if you're listening, the writers of The Lid could REALLY use a nap and some help picking up our dry-cleaning right about now.
Get The Lid straight to your inbox each afternoon -- click here to sign up.
'16 from 30,000: We got new polls, folks, hot off the presses. New polling from NBC News/Wall Street Journal/Marist shows that Hillary Clinton has built a very sturdy lead in New Hampshire, but she and Donald Trump are neck and neck in Nevada. In a four-way race in the Granite State, Clinton leads 45 percent to 36 percent for Trump, 10 percent for Gary Johnson and four percent for Jill Stein. (In a head-to-head race, it's an eight point advantage for Clinton, 47 percent to 39 percent). But the story is different in Nevada, where the two candidates are in a dead heat, both in a three way race (Stein isn't on the ballot in the Silver State) and in a head-to-head matchup.
POPPING ON NBC POLITICS
- Hot off the presses: Clinton has jumped out to a nine-point lead in the battleground state of New Hampshire, while she's tied with Republican Donald Trump in Nevada, according to two new NBC News/Wall Street Journal/Marist polls.
- ICYMI: NBC's Benjy Sarlin and Alex Seitz-Wald write about the flood of potential congressional investigations Republicans aim to launch against Clinton if she wins the White House.
- Zach Roth sums up the latest reports of voting problems across the country.
- Undecided voters feel like they're choosing between the lesser of two evils, one of us observed during a focus group in North Carolina. ,
- Federal officials are getting more concerned about violence around the election.
- Hillary Clinton will hold her election night event at the Jacob K. Javits Center in Manhattan.
- Less than two weeks before Election Day, Donald Trump on Wednesday visited the nation's capital to tout the "under budget, ahead of schedule" opening of his new luxury hotel in Washington.
FOR THE RECORD…
"You are fascinated with sex."
-- Newt Gingrich to Fox News' Megyn Kelly.
Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama campaign together in North Carolina.
Trump holds rallies in Ohio.
Tim Kaine is also in Ohio. Mike Pence is in Iowa.