Welcome to The Lid, your afternoon dose of the 2016 ethos… Eminem is weighing in on the 2016 campaign with a new song called "Campaign Speech," making us question once again if this Clinton v. Trump election has actually opened up a vortex that pulled us all back to 1999 without anybody noticing.
Get The Lid straight to your inbox each afternoon -- click here to sign up.
'16 from 30,000: Yes, America, there's a debate tonight. And it's the final one before Election Day, so the stakes are high --- and you're probably going to want to tune in on at LEAST two screens. Well, have we got a live blog for you! After 24(!) of these things since the beginning of the primary season, the NBC News debate live blog team has gotten pretty good at this. We're at our battle stations and ready for action. So tune in for live updates, fact-checks, breaking analysis and video of all the key moments.
POPPING ON NBC POLITICS
- NBC's Alex Seitz-Wald and Benjy Sarlin outline five things to watch during tonight's debate.
- Marco Rubio said Republicans shouldn't talk about Wikileaks.
- Patricia Smith, the mother of an American killed in the 2012 attacks on a U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, will be one of Trump's guests tonight. More on Trump's guests here.
- A "wall" of taco and food trucks lined up in front of the Trump International Hotel in Las Vegas.
- Trump supporters are beginning to ponder what's next if Clinton prevails, NBC's Ali Vitali reports.
- Harry Reid on Wednesday said the only thing rigged about this election is Trump's mind.
- And from First Read: Will 2016 be another wave election?
FOR THE RECORD…
"I think the only thing rigged that I've seen in this election is [Trump's] mind."
-- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid on Wednesday.
Mike Pence is in Reno, NV, while Tim Kaine visits North Carolina.
Michelle Obama campaigns for Clinton in Arizona. Ivanka Trump is in Wisconsin.
Trump is in Ohio.