A Boston judge rejected Aaron Hernandez's request for a gag order in his drive-by double-homicide case, but one remains in effect for his other murder case. The defense said that without a clampdown, they could not get a fair trial for the former New England Patriots star — but prosecutors argued it was unreasonable. Suffolk County Judge Jeffrey Locke said he's seen no ethical breaches that would warrant a gag order, NECN reported. He noted that a gag order wasn't imposed in the Bristol County case until news reports quoting unnamed sources were published.
Hernandez is charged with killing pal Odin Lloyd in June 2013 because he was seen talking to the wrong people. Last month he was hit with charges that he gunned down two strangers in 2012 for nothing more than spilling a drink at a Boston nightclub where they crossed paths.
First published July 1 2014, 2:46 PM