Bill Cosby won't face criminal charges on two rape accusations — one from just eight years ago and another five decades old.
The Los Angeles District Attorney's Office has ruled that too much time passed to prosecute Cosby for assaulting a woman who claims she was 17 in 1965 when the disgraced funnyman "forced her to have sexual intercourse" at a home in the Hollywood Hills, according to records obtained Wednesday by NBC News.
The alleged attack came after Cosby plied the teenager with liquor at a Hollywood jazz club, the DA's charge evaluation worksheet states.
It identifies the woman — one of more than 50 woman who have accused Cosby of sexual assault — as "Jane Doe #1." And her case appears to be the oldest of the bunch.
Prosecutors also decided not to go after Cosby for allegedly assaulting a then 18-year-old woman in 2008 who is identified in the document as "Jane Doe #2." She claimed she met Cosby at the Playboy Mansion and that he molested her after giving her a spiked drink.
That woman, Chloe Goins, went public with her charge against Cosby last January. But investigators reviewing video footage from the Aug. 9, 2008 "Midsummer Night's Dream Party" where Goins claimed to have met Cosby did not find images of either of them.
While Cosby's name turned up on the guest list for an event at the mansion in February of that year, he was not registered as a guest for any bash there that summer, the document states.
Also, detectives were unable to track down the friend Goins said she was with at the Playboy Mansion bash.
On top of everything, the Goins case — like that of Jane Doe #1 — was past the statute of limitations, thus making impossible for prosecutors to pursue the case.
"We are satisfied that the Los Angeles DA's Office fully and fairly evaluated all the facts and evidence, and came to the right conclusion," Cosby lawyer Chris Tayback said in a statement.
Goins' lawyer, Spencer Kuvin, later released a statement saying the decision was "a disappointment to Ms. Goins and our team that stands behind her."
"However," Kuvin added, "we recognize that the bar for criminal prosecution, which is proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, is extremely high. We nonetheless commend the efforts of the LAPD and the District Attorney's office with respect to their criminal investigation."
So far Cosby has been charged with assaulting just one woman. Last month, he was charged by a suburban Philadelphia DA with sexually assaulting a former Temple University worker named Andrea Constand back in 2004.
Montgomery County Prosecutor Kevin Steele filed the single count of aggravated assault just weeks before the statute of limitations was set to expire in that case.
It was Constand's accusations against Cosby that unleashed the torrent of accusations by other women and wrecked the reputation of the once-beloved comedian best known for playing doting dad and husband Cliff Huxtable on "The Cosby Show."