PARIS — French authorities released three women on Sunday who were arrested last week along with nine others in counter-terrorism raids linked to deadly attacks in Paris. The Paris Prosecutor's office told NBC News that the eight men and one woman still in custody will have their detentions prolonged for another two days so they can be questioned over ties to the three terrorists who killed 17 people in a three-day spree that put France on high alert and left the country reeling.
Investigators are trying to ascertain if those in custody provided "logistics" in the form of weapons, lodging and transport to Said and Cherif Kouachi or Amedy Koulibaly, the prosecutor's office added. The Kouachis, brothers from Paris, killed 12 people in an attack on the offices of satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo. Koulibaly killed a policewoman and later four hostages in a kosher supermarket in Paris. France has stepped up security in wake of the attacks, and police across Europe have arrested dozens of terror suspects in raids.
- Charlie Hebdo Editor Defends Controversial Cartoons
- Europe Police on High Alert as Terror Suspects Are Grilled
- Did 'Sorcerer' Radicalize Paris Killers in Prison?