Man builds the ultimate zombie survival weapon
July 19, 2011 at 9:42 AM ET
Art of Manliness /
The weapon you are looking at is more than just a Mossberg 500 Pump-Action Shotgun. It’s the ultimate, all-purpose survival tool —and your best friend in the event of a zombie invasion.
The modified weapon includes:
- Two side saddles for quick reloading (and a total shotgun carrying capacity of 19; the shotgun itself holds 7, plus 1) containing cartridges with bird shot, 00 buck shot, slugs and signal flares.
- A five-inch bayonet knife mounted to the barrel
- A tactical flashlight/compass combo mounted to the barrel
- A hollow buttstock containing an emergency survival kit with baking pan, trash bag, fishing kit, 2 non-lubricated condoms for water storage, water purification taps, reflective survival blanket, a small first-aid kit, Carmex lip balm, a whistle, small Bic lighter and snare wire
- A hollow vertical grip containing a small fire-starting kit (matches, striker, steel wool, WetFire brand fire starting material)
- A hollow pistol grip containing a multi-tool
- A saw that can be attached between the buttstock and gun handle
- A braided paracord gun sling
- American flag bandana (can be used for everything from a fashion statement to a water filter)
- Custom plaque
Clearly, the gun’s creator, Creek Stewart, has thought of everything here. Now I can stop stockpiling weaons in a dumpster located near my bunker in the woods.
Check out The Art of Manliness for an in-depth discussion on the build.
— Geekologie via Nerd Approved
More craziness from Nerd Approved: