Nintendo 3DS launching spring 2011 ... prepare your wallet
Sep. 29, 2010 at 1:31 PM ET
revealed the 3DSMicrosoft's KinectSony's MoveKotaku.comthe following details about the 3DS
Winda Benedetti writes the Citizen Gamer column for msnbc.com. You can follow her tweets about games and other things right here on Twitter.
- • The Nintendo 3DS comes bundled with a charger stand, an AC adapter, a 10cm Nintendo 3DS touch pen, a 2GB SD card, six augmented reality cards as well as instruction booklets.
- • New functions include a slide pad, a motion sensor and a gyro-sensor.
- • It will be possible to play games downloaded off the 3DS's Virtual Console as well as games downloaded onto a Nintendo DSi and DSi XL.
- • The Nintendo 3DS will work with game cartridges in the Nintendo DS series.
- • The top screen is 3.53 inches and with a liquid crystal display of 800 x 240 pixels. The button screen is 3.02 inches with a liquid crystal display of 320 x 240 pixels.
- • It has two outer 0.3 megapixel cameras and one inside the portable's clamshell.
- • The 3DS will launch in two colors – Aqua Blue and Cosmos Black.
- • In Japan, Nintendo is doing a test run of 3-D television programming through the Nintendo 3DS.