Nightly News | September 29, 2010
BRIAN WILLIAMS, anchor: If you're thinking of taking a road trip to Vegas , be warned. The new MGM hotel there called the Vdara has been found to contain an extra you definitely don't want. It turns out when the sun's rays hit that curved building, it creates a 15-foot wide hot spot on the ground that is so brutal it can burn hair and skin and even melt plastic. Some unlucky hotel guests have been sent running from the pool area after being caught in what hotel employees are calling the death ray, a burning sensation from above. The hotel is rushing to fix the problem.