Summer is just around the corner (can you believe Memorial Day weekend is next week?), which means it's time to dust off your favorite crowd-pleasing dishes for potluck and barbecue season. Or maybe it's time to try out a new dish, sure to knock the socks (and sandals) off your backyard guests.
My flavorful Asian bow tie pasta is sure to be a favorite around the picnic table! As a mom of two young boys I am always sharing my easy family meals on Instagram. It's hard to fix food quickly that everyone will eat, so I try my best to make all my meals family friendly. This vegetarian bow tie pasta is affordable and is great for lunchboxes and parties alike.
Asian Bow Tie Pasta
20 oz. farfalle pasta, cooked
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup sesame oil
1/2 cup chopped spinach or cilantro
3 tbs. toasted sesame seeds, optional
1 tbs. crushed red pepper, optional
Optional veggie add-ins: chopped cucumber or red bell pepper
1. Cook pasta per box instructions.
2. Chop desired vegetable (cilantro , spinach, cucumber and/or red bell pepper) and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix pasta and all ingredients until well incorporated.
4. Add sesame seeds and chili pepper flakes if desired.
5. Serve hot, room temperature or cold.
Cook's tip: It's best when refrigerated over night. It allows the sauce to marinate into the pasta
Recipe reprinted with permission from Charisse Yu.
MORE RECIPE IDEAS
- Cauliflower Parmesan Bites: A healthier version of the Italian favorite
- Love pho? Try this Vietnamese noodle soup you can make at home
- DIY Chinese takeout with this recipe for sesame chicken and cauliflower fried rice
- Healthy Instant Pot recipes you make in minutes
- A vegan burger recipe that could change your mind about Meatless Monday