A medical marijuana dispensary in Rhode Island is asking state health regulators for permission to operate a delivery service.
In its proposal, Greenleaf Compassionate Care Center of Portsmouth says many patients using medical marijuana are homebound or have difficulties travelling.
The center wants to operate daily deliveries in Newport and Bristol counties and deliveries two times a week in the rest of the state. The marijuana would be delivered by two Greenleaf employees using an unmarked car. No deliveries would be made after 5 p.m.
The state's Department of Health announced Wednesday that it is accepting public comment on Greenleaf's proposal before issuing a decision.
Greenleaf became Rhode Island's second medical marijuana dispensary when it opened in June.
More business news:
- Brothel or bust: Hard times at Nevada's bordellos
- Feds: Bank chairman used bailout money to buy luxury condo
- Driver becomes 'co-pilot' in the no-hands car
- Company to pay refunds over fake alerts in 'Angry Birds'
- Flying family dilemma: Lug the car seat or pay up at rental counter?