Breaking News Emails
Adoption can be a time of great joy, but sometimes it may not turn out the way prospective parents expect.
Below are five possible warning signs a birthmother is a scammer, adapted from an article published by the National Council for Adoption.
- She doesn’t send proof of pregnancy.
- She doesn’t respond to emails and messages, or misses scheduled meetings.
- She avoids meeting with an adoption agency or attorney.
- She frequently asks for money for expenses.
- She seems in crisis and tries to pull the adoptive family into her drama.
For more resources about adoption, you can visit the website of the National Council for Adoption at adoption council.org.