Learn more about smoke alarms and fire escape plans, as part of the Dateline NBC report from Sunday, March 24th, at 7pm/6c.
Smoke Alarms 101 (courtesy of the National Fire Protection Association)
- Have a smoke detector in every bedroom and outside each sleeping area (e.g. hallways)
- Test smoke detectors monthly
- Replace detectors every 10 years
Fire Escape Plans
- Find two ways out of your house
- Pick a meeting place outside.
- Make sure house number can be seen from street
- Make and practice a fire escape drill
For more information, please visit the National Fire Protection Association
For fun and useful fire safety tips for chidlren, please visit Sparky.org