As the CEO and Co-Founder of Peek.com, the one-stop travel shop that’s both agent and guide, Ruzwana Bashir knows a thing or two about digital tools that inform, inspire, and make life more manageable. Here, she shares the apps that help keep her schedule and her imagination humming.
1. Teuxdeux: I use this simple, intuitive "to-do list" app to add tasks when I’m on the go, and I can easily move them around so that I can prioritize things that are more urgent. It combines with a website that I use whenever I’m on my laptop, helping me to keep organized and making it a really invaluable resource.
2. UP: I have an “UP" band that monitors my sleep (how long and how deep I sleep) and the steps I’ve taken, which I can then check via the UP app. I love that the app also allows me to log my workouts, with trend graphs to help me get a sense of my overall health and fitness. It serves as a constant reminder that I need more sleep.
3. Instagram: Whether I’m looking at funny photos posted by my friends or a stunning landscape courtesy of National Geographic, a foray into Instagram often provides a fun break in my day and even offers some inspiration.
4. Audible: I started listening to audiobooks after becoming frustrated at never being able to find time to read. This app makes it really easy to download and listen to all those books that had previously been languishing on the bookshelves. It’s also perfect for multitasking: listening on the way to work, when you're running errands or even hitting the shops!
5. Peek: My app, of course! Whether I’m visiting a new place or looking for fun things to do in my hometown, I use Peek’s beautiful new app to help me discover and book great activities. Tastemakers like Tory Burch and Wolfgang Puck have helped to curate the experiences that range from an underground art tour to going bungee jumping or taking a pizza-making class.