/ Source: National Journal
- House Web site
- Born: June 11, 1930, New York
- Family: married (Alma)
- Education: New York University, B.S., 1957; St. John's University, LL.B., 1960
- Professional Career: Assistant U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, 1959-64; legal counsel to the New York City Housing and Redevelopment Board, Neighborhood Conservation Bureau, 1963-68; general counsel to the National Advisory Commission on Selective Service, 1966.
- Military Career: Army, 1948-52 (Korea)
- Previous Elective Office: New York Assembly, 1966-70