/ Source: Reuters
Wal-Mart Stores Inc. has voluntarily recalled about 56,000 stuffed toys due to a possible choking hazard to young children, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said on Thursday.
No incidents or injuries have been reported, the statement said. The stuffed Christmas beagles, priced at about $3, were sold at Wal-Mart stores nationwide from September 2006 through December 2006.
The group said the red pompoms on the wreath attached to the beagle’s mouth could detach, posing a choking hazard.