The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission announced a voluntary recall of various "Thomas & Friends" wooden railway toys.
The recall involves wooden vehicles, buildings and other train set components for young children listed in the chart below. The front of the packaging has the logo "Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway" on the upper left-hand corner. A manufacturing code may be located on the bottom of the product or inside the battery cover. Toys marked with codes containing "WJ" or "AZ" are not included in this recall.
Recalled Product Name
- Red James Engine & Red James' # 5 Coal Tender
- Red Lights & Sounds James Engine & Red James' #5 Lights & Sounds Coal Tender
- James with Team Colors Engine & James with Team Colors #5 Coal Tender
- Red Skarloey Engine
- Brown & Yellow Old Slow Coach
- Red Hook & Ladder Truck & Red Water Tanker Truck
- Red Musical Caboose
- Red Sodor Line Caboose
- Red Coal Car labeled "2006 Day Out With Thomas" on the Side Red Baggage Car
- Red Holiday Caboose
- Red "Sodor Mail" Car
- Red Fire Brigade Truck
- Red Fire Brigade Train
- Deluxe Sodor Fire Station
- Red Coal Car
- Yellow Box Car
- Red Stop Sign
- Yellow Railroad Crossing Sign
- Yellow "Sodor Cargo Company" Cargo Piece
- Smelting Yard Ice Cream Factory
Sold at: Toy stores and various retailers nationwide from January 2005 through June 2007 for between $10 and $70.
Manufactured In: China
Remedy: Consumers should take the recalled toys away from young children immediately and contact RC2 Corp. for a replacement toy.
Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact RC2 Corp. toll-free at (866) 725-4407 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. CT Monday through Thursday and between 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. CT Friday, or visit the firm's Web site at http://recalls.rc2.com.