IE 11 is not supported. For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser.

If you smoke, don’t spit gasoline. It’s a rule

/ Source: The Associated Press

A German man in the northeastern town of Gross Godems was being treated for serious burns Monday after accidentally setting his apartment ablaze when he mistook a bottle of gasoline for liquor, police said.

The 56-year-old apparently grabbed the wrong bottle and took a swig from the gasoline flask, then spat it out when he realized his mistake.

The gas hit a lit cigarette, sparking the fire, police said.

The man's name was not released.