Today msnbc.com unveiled its redesigned site for “Your Business,” available at yourbusiness.msnbc.com, giving small business owners everywhere an immersive and cutting-edge resource where they can interact with each other and get tips and advice to help with the day-to-day management of their businesses. The new site, featuring a standalone video player powered by msnbc.com, gives the show’s rapidly growing on-air audience an enhanced extension of the brand online.
MSNBC’s “Your Business” is hosted by JJ Ramberg and focuses on the world of America's small business entrepreneurs, featuring profiles, news, advice and tips. The new online home for “Your Business” is designed to complement the wealth of advice offered on-air, and provide small business owners with the best resources, including web-exclusive content that can only be found on the site. Small business owners and entrepreneurs also are invited to join the new online discussion club at yourbusiness.newsvine.com on Newsvine, msnbc.com’s social media news site, to discuss the show and share tips. They can also read and comment on postings from the updated “Your Biz” blog. In addition, the site will showcase advice from special partners, including articles from Inc. magazine.
“We know that small business owners and entrepreneurs are always looking for advice and inspiration," said Martin Wolk, business editor of msnbc.com. "The ‘Your Business’ show and Web site offer all that plus a forum to share tips, ask questions and connect with other like-minded readers and viewers.”
“As the founding sponsor, we’re thrilled about the seamless on-air and on-line experience that NBC News and msnbc.com have created for ‘Your Business,’” said Lou Paskalis, vice president media, American Express OPEN. “Entrepreneurs can now find small business content, in whatever format they choose, and we have a powerful on-demand platform to serve their information needs that is the perfect compliment for the successful weekly television program.”
When small business owners visit the new site, they’ll find a range of important topics, from funding and marketing to sales and HR, as well as the following features:
· Small Business Secrets: An exclusive video of panel members from “Your Business” who will share secrets, which they didn’t reveal during the show, for small business success.
· Entrepreneurial Expertise: Leading experts, including Steve Martin, author of "Yes: 50 Scientifically Proven Ways to Be Persuasive,” will share insights on topics that affect small business owners. Upcoming topics include “how to sell successfully” and "how blogging can help your business."
· Small Business Stories: Business owners share why they started their business and explain how they keep their passion for it alive.
· Biz Quiz: A fun, exclusive video feature with panelists battling each other game-show style, complete with podiums and buzzers, as they answer questions about small businesses. Users can play along online while they’re watching the video.
· Elevator Pitch Success Stories: Stories of previous elevator pitch candidates that show the successes they have achieved by having been allowed to pitch their business concepts on “Your Business.”
“Your Business” airs Sundays at 7:30 a.m. on MSNBC. The show is sponsored by American Express OPEN.
delivers a fuller spectrum of news. Drawing on its award-winning original journalism, NBC News heritage, trusted sources and Microsoft’s advanced technologies, the site presents compelling, diverse and visually engaging stories on the consumer’s platform of choice. Based in Redmond, WA, msnbc.com is a joint venture of Microsoft (Nasdaq:MSFT) and NBC Universal (NYSE:GE). According to Nielsen Online, msnbc.com was the number one Current Events and Global News site with more than 43 million unique visitors in September, 2008.
About American Express OPENSM
American Express OPEN is dedicated exclusively to the success of small business owners and their companies. OPEN supports business owners with exceptional service. With tailored products and services, the team delivers purchasing power, flexibility, control and rewards to help customers run their business. Specifically, business owner customers can leverage an enhanced set of products, tools, services and savings, including charge and credit cards, convenient access to working capital, robust online account management capabilities and savings on business services from an expanded lineup of partners. To obtain more information about OPENSM, visit OPEN.com, or call 1-800-NOW-OPEN to apply for a card or loan. Terms and conditions apply.
American Express Company www.americanexpress.com is a leading global payments, network and travel company founded in 1850.