Washington fire officials say the Eisenhower Executive Office Building near the White House was evacuated briefly after smoke from a fireplace clouded one of the floors.
Firefighters were called to the building on 17th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue around 1 p.m. Sunday.
Fire spokesman Alan Etter says firefighters extinguished a fire in a fireplace on the second floor. They believe an obstruction in a chimney caused light smoke to build up on the fourth floor. No damage was reported.
The Secret Service evacuated the building for about 30 minutes as a precaution. There were a few people inside the building, which houses White House staff.