A teenager has been charged with lighting an unconscious man's pants on fire and causing a third-degree burn to the man's groin, police said Monday.
Tyler Quick, 18, was arraigned Friday on a charge of assault, according to police in the Detroit suburb of Ferndale, Michigan.
Lt. William Wilson told The Daily Tribune of Royal Oak that Quick was attending a party at the home of a 51-year-old man when the host passed out.
Police said Quick placed a lit candle under the man's crotch, setting fire to his pants. The man awoke and extinguished the fire.
A police lieutenant said Quick thought it would be funny to burn the victim.
Authorities said Quick is being held in lieu of $25,000 bail.