Turns out that 8-year-old Make-A-Wish recipient Victoria Lachman, who planned on stopping by famed Palm Beach ice cream shop Sprinkles with her family after her album release party, only to learn later it had burned to the ground, can't even eat the stuff.
"She has some kind of milk intolerance," Make-A-Wish spokesperson Stu Opperman told the Sun-Sentinel.
The stop at Sprinkles, which has served the likes of Michael Jackson, Rudy Giuliani and soap opera actress Susan Lucci, was scheduled for after Lachman's record release blowout at the Improv Comedy Club at CityPlace for the album she recorded in Miami last month with Latin recording star Ana Cristina.
But a tired Lachman, who had five organ transplants before she was a year old, along with her family, just decided to skip the dessert trip and head home after a big night.
Little did they know, while Sprinkles was preparing for the afterparty, a fire broke out in the kitchen, gutting the landmark ice cream shop. Inspectors believe the fire was caused by a spark from an appliance, possibly a toaster. They don’t believe foul play was involved.
Though we heard Cherry Garcia has been called in for questioning.