Comcast and NBC Universal include some of the best-known brands in the media and entertainment world.
A deal between the two companies, if finalized, will put them all under Comcast's control.
(Msnbc.com is a joint venture of Microsoft and NBC Universal.)
Here is a comparison of properties owned by each, according to information provided by the companies.
- NBC “owned and operated” stations in 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Dallas/Fort Worth, Washington, Miami, San Diego, Connecticut (Hartford).
- Telemundo Spanish language network and 12 local stations.
- NBC Entertainment, creator of “Law and Order,” “The Office,” “Saturday Night Live,” “The Jay Leno Show” and “The Tonight Show with Conan O’Brien,” among others.
- Cable channels including USA Network, Bravo, Syfy, MSNBC, CNBC, Oxygen and The Weather Channel.
- NBC News, including ”Today,” “Meet the Press,” and “Nightly News with Brian Williams.”
- NBC Universal Sports & Olympics, which includes “NBC Sunday Night Football” and broadcast rights to the Olympic Games through 2012.
- Msnbc.com, which is co-owned by Microsoft.
- Universal Pictures movie studio, which has produced recent hits including “The Bourne Ultimatum,” “King Kong” and “Brokeback Mountain.”
- Focus Features, producer and distributor of independent films.
- Universal Studios Home Entertainment, which includes a library of 4,000 movie titles.
- Hulu.com, an online video service co-owned by News Corp., Walt Disney Co., and Providence Equity Partners.
- iVillage online community for women.
- Universal Parks & Resorts, including theme parks in Florida, California and Japan.
- Cable service to 23.8 million customers.
- Internet, including Comcast.net, which provides content and high-speed Internet service to 15.7 million customers.
- Voice service to 7.4 million customers.
- Programming Group, includes E! Entertainment Television, Style Network and the Golf Channel.
- Comcast Interactive Media, which includes Fandango, DailyCandy.com and Fancast.
- Comcast Sports Group televises live sporting events in 10 regional markets. Also operates New England Cable News network.
- Comcast-Spectacor, which owns the Philadelphia Flyers NHL hockey team, Philadelphia 76ers NBA basketball team and their two arenas.