NBC News' "Today" continues as the dominant morning news program topping competition across the board. Last week's win marks "Today's" 745th consecutive week in first place. Below are the highlights for the week ending March 19.
- TODAY averaged 5.074 million total viewers, a +25% (+1,009,000) advantage over GMA and +110% (+2,659,000) over Early Show.
- TODAY has now won 745 consecutive weeks in both homes and total viewers.
- In rating A25-54, TODAY led GMA by +43% (+6 tenths) and Early Show by +150% (+1.2 ratings points).
- In rating A18-49, TODAY outperformed GMA by +60% (+6 tenths) and Early Show by +167% (+1 full rating point).
- Season-to-date, TODAY is the only morning news program to grow its audience year-to-year (+1%, or +42,000) and tops second-place GMA by +29% (+1,284,000) in total viewers and +40% (+736,000) in A25-54 (000).
- TODAY has widened its advantages over both GMA and Early Show in total viewers, rating W/A18-49, and rating W/A25-54 compared to the same period last season.
TODAY II (9 a.m. hour) & TODAY III (10 a.m. hour) Highlights:
- TODAY II topped CBS Early Show in homes (+39%), total viewers (+35% or +850,000), rating W/M/A18-49 (+38%/+25%/+33%) and rating W/A25-54 (+40%/+25%).
- TODAY II beat The View in rating M18-49 (+67%) and rating M25-54 (+20%) while tying in rating A18-49 and A25-54.
- Season-to-date, TODAY II is up in homes (+4%), total viewers (+5% or +177,000), rating M/A18-49 (+20%/+13%), and rating W25-54 (+7%).
- TODAY III averaged 1.915 million total viewers and a 0.6 A25-54 rating.
- TODAY III posted increases in homes (+7%) and total viewers (+6%, or +105,000) versus the same week last season.
- Season-to-date, TODAY III is up in homes (+7%) and total viewers (+8%, or +147,000) while also increasing +2% in A25-54 (000).
On its digital platforms, "Today" continued its strong performance with more than 7.6 million online streams. TODAYshow.com's stories, blog, message boards and live votes were also popular with users.
Jim Bell is the executive producer of "Today" (Monday - Friday, 7-11 a.m.).