Book by: ASAP
Travel by: Sept. 30
The deal: With some 700 islets protruding from the gorgeous indigo ocean, the Bahamas attracts a wealth of visitors looking to trade in their hasty lifestyles for the ever-so-desirable beach bum one.
Becoming accustomed to the nonchalant way of life and adopting the “it’s five o’clock somewhere” mentality isn’t too hard for serenity seekers to do, but what’s sure to make this paradise even more alluring is the Bahama Fridays Free Getaway.
No, that’s not a typo, the Bahamas Ministry of Tourism is throwing guests a bone, offering free accommodations on Friday evenings with a minimum four-night stay at a number of participating resorts through September 30. To sweeten the deal, visitors will also receive daily breakfast for two and one complimentary cocktail per person.
Rates start at $113/night and hotels honoring the free Fridays offer are:
• British Colonial Hilton, Nassau Paradise Island
• Grand Isle Resort & Spa, The Exumas
• Marley Resort & Spa, Nassau Paradise Island
• Our Lucaya Reef Village, Grand Bahama Island
• Pelican Bay at Lucaya, Grand Bahama Island
• Radisson and Reef Our Lucaya Beach & Golf Resort, Grand Bahama Island
• Treasure Cay Resort, The Abacos
• Abaco Bach Resort, The Abacos
• Wyndham Resort & Crystal Palace Casino, Nassau Paradise Island
The dollars: Rates are based on double occupancy and availability. Taxes and fees are additional.
The catch: Sunscreen not included.
ShermansTravel is a guide to top and destinations. Sign up for Sherman's Top 25 e-newsletter which features the from hundreds of travel providers and is delivered to over 4 million subscribers, free, each week.