A bus carrying wedding guests caught fire after touching a high-voltage wire in central India on Friday, killing 28 people, police said.
The electricity supply wire was overhanging the road in Mandla district in Madhya Pradesh state, police officer Ram Pyari Dhurwey said.
The bus was carrying 60 people, said police officer Laxmi Pal.
Thirty-two passengers were being treated in two hospitals for electric shock and burn injuries, Pal told The Associated Press.
The area is nearly 295 miles (475 kilometers) west of Bhopal, the capital of the state.
It was the second such accident in India in as many days. At least 15 people were killed in eastern Bihar state on Thursday when the truck they were riding in touched a high-voltage wire.