The U.S. embassy in Kuwait has urged Americans in the Gulf Arab state to be vigilant following gun attacks on U.S. military vehicles earlier this week.
In a “warden message” issued Monday night, the embassy said it “reminds all Americans in Kuwait to keep a low profile and be alert to their surroundings at all times.”
While Kuwait authorities and the U.S. military investigate the attacks, the embassy said U.S. citizens should avoid unnecessary travel to installations used by U.S. forces.
In at least three separate incidents on Sunday, shots were fired at U.S. military personnel in Kuwait. Four soldiers were wounded by flying glass, according to a U.S. army spokesman who at the time cited two firing incidents on U.S. military trucks.
Kuwaiti authorities have arrested four people suspected of involvement in the separate gun attacks on the U.S. convoys and firing on Monday on a bus carrying expatriate Asian and Arab workers, newspapers said on Tuesday.