Residents in a Sparks neighborhood are up in arms about the smell of rotting meat left behind in an abandoned trailer as part of a dispute with a bankrupt butcher shop.
Neighbors say they started noticing the stench when the power was cut off to the Butcher Boy's trailer last week.
An environmental health spokesman for Washoe County says they contacted the previous owner and expect the mess to be cleaned up within the next day or two.
Tony Macaluso says they also notified county prosecutors about the nuisance. In addition to the odor, he says drippings from the trailer have attracted maggots.
State wildlife regulators also are investigating reports wild game may have been left behind in violation of state law.