EveryBlock is a pioneering online local service that helps people make their block a better place to live by providing news and community tools to neighborhoods.
EveryBlock is seeking a dynamic and experienced community and outreach manager to lead the growth of the EveryBlock community on its web site, in social networks and in real life. This position will help to shape the company’s products, build audience by reaching out to targeted community groups and site users, manage the site’s interactions with social media, and encourage user participation by guiding the site’s voice and moderating activity on the site.
If you have significant experience working directly with online communities and social media, and have been in marketing and/or online publishing roles, you may be a great fit for this job. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, an interest in web products and a passion for news and community building are critical for this position and for our company culture.
- Help shape the company’s products to be community focused
- Build audience for the company’s products
- Encourage user participation and engagement on the site
- Lead the development and management of the site’s voice
Experience and Skills Required
- Significant experience working directly with online communities and/or social media
- Working in marketing, communications and/or online publishing
- Project management experience across various disciplines
- Experience interacting with community organizations in ‘real life’ (not just online)
- Proven ability to communicate and build relationships with people through online communities and networks such as blogs, social networks, etc
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work with teams