IE 11 is not supported. For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser.


<a linktype="External" href="" xmlns:control="control"></a></p>

NBC News' "Today" continues as the dominant morning news program topping GMA by nearly one million viewers.  Last week's win marks "Today's" 756th consecutive week in first place. Below are the highlights for the week ending June 4.  

-         TODAY averaged 5.171 million total viewers, a +23% (+974,000) advantage over GMA and +110% (+2,709,000) over Early Show.
-         TODAY has now won 756 consecutive weeks in both homes and total viewers.
-         In rating A25-54, TODAY led GMA by +36% (+5 tenths) and Early Show by +138% (+1.1 ratings points).
-         In rating A18-49, TODAY outperformed GMA by +50% (+5 tenths) and Early Show by +200% (+1 full ratings point).
-         TODAY has now won 817 weeks in rating A18-49 and 788 weeks in rating A25-54.
-         Week-to-week, TODAY grew its total audience by +1% (or +54,000) and increased in rating M18-49 (+11%) while widening its lead over GMA in both measures.
-         TODAY saw increased advantages versus its season-to-date average in rating W/M18-49 and rating M/A25-54.
-         Season-to-date, TODAY is the only morning news program to post any demo increase (up +4% in rating W25-54) and tops second-place GMA by +27% (+1,164,000) in total viewers and +41% (+737,000) in A25-54 (000).
-         TODAY has widened its advantages over both GMA and Early Show this season in homes, total viewers, rating W/A18-49, and rating W/A25-54 compared to the same period last season.

TODAY II (9 a.m. hour) & TODAY III (10 a.m. hour) Highlights:
-     This represents TODAY II’s highest total viewer delivery since the week of March 29, 2010.
-         On Monday, TODAY II topped The View in homes (+8%), total viewers (+13%, or +427,000), rating M/A18-49 (+25%/+13%), and rating W/M/A25-54 (+14%/+17%/+10%).
-          TODAY II topped CBS Early Show for the week in homes (+21%), total viewers (+25% or +611,000), rating W/A18-49 (+43%/+40%) and rating W/A25-54 (+30%/+13%).
-          Week-to-week, TODAY II increased its deliveries in homes (+5%), total viewers (+10%, or +281,000), rating W18-49 (+11%) and rating W/A25-54 (+18%/+13%).
-         TODAY II grew +8% in rating W25-54 versus the same week last season.
-          Season-to-date, TODAY II is up in total viewers (+1% or +19,000).

-        TODAY III averaged 1.871 million total viewers and a 0.6 A25-54 rating.
-         This was also TODAY III’s biggest total viewer delivery in nine weeks (since week of March 29, 2010).
-        Versus the prior week, TODAY III posted double-digit gains in homes (+15%), total viewers (+11%, or +178,000), rating W18-49 (+17%), and rating W25-54 (+13%).
-        TODAY III was up compared to the same week last season in homes (+7%), total viewers (+10%, or +176,000), rating W/A18-49 (+17%/+25%), and rating W/A25-54 (+29%/+20%).
-         Season-to-date, TODAY III is up in total viewers (+4%, or +82,000) and rating W25-54 (+13%).

On its digital platforms, "Today" continued its strong performance with more than 12.6 million online streams.  This marks a top ten overall performance in online video streams for "Today."'s stories, blog, message boards and live votes were also popular with users.

Jim Bell is the executive producer of "Today" (Monday - Friday, 7-11 a.m.).