SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 30, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- City National Bank announced today it has hired six banking and investment management veterans for its Private Client Services Group in San Francisco.
They will oversee new client development and service to the bank's high-net-worth clients in San Francisco. These services include tailored investment management, trust, credit and banking services.
The new advisors report to Kent Grubaugh, a senior vice president and manager of Private Client Services in San Francisco. They will advise high-net-worth families, select nonprofits and professional services firms on comprehensive wealth management strategies and private banking solutions.
"City National continues to grow its wealth management business in San Francisco and the addition of these six advisors will help us manage the complex financial needs of more high-net-worth families, select nonprofits and professional services firms here in the Bay Area," said Grubaugh. "These experienced professionals have worked in San Francisco for nearly a decade and their track record of success makes them a great fit here at City National."
"This is a wonderful addition to our already strong team of seasoned professionals in the Bay Area," said Robert Brant, executive vice president and regional executive for Northern California. "This is part of our continued expansion -- City National now circles the Bay, providing services to entrepreneurs, nonprofits and professional services firms from San Francisco and the Peninsula, to the East Bay and San Jose."
Based in Los Angeles, City National has been in the Bay Area since 2000 and now has 10 offices throughout the region, including Palo Alto, Oakland, Walnut Creek, San Jose and San Francisco. City National was started more than 56 years ago by entrepreneurs to serve other entrepreneurs -- and small firms -- that often were overlooked by larger financial institutions.
The six are:
- John A. Dowling will serve as a vice president and senior private banker in San Francisco. Dowling has more than 25 years of experience in working with high-net-worth individuals, families and executives to address their credit and banking needs. Most recently, he served with BNY Mellon Wealth Management as a vice president and senior private banker. He earned his bachelor of science in economics from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo. He serves on the board of directors for the San Francisco chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth.
- Kelly Gaynor, who joins as a vice president and senior private client advisor, has more than 20 years of experience managing and implementing investment solutions for high-net-worth individuals and families. Most recently, she served as a vice president and senior portfolio manager for BNY Mellon Wealth Management. Previously, she spent 10 years with Wells Fargo as a senior portfolio manager managing trust, high-net-worth and IRA portfolios. She holds Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and Certified Financial Planner designations. She has a graduate certificate of completion in financial planning from Golden Gate University and a bachelor of arts degree in communications from California State University, Chico.
- Corey T. Cronin will serve as a vice president and senior private client advisor in Private Client Services. Cronin has more than 25 years of experience in the financial services industry, most recently as a vice president and senior portfolio manager with BNY Mellon Wealth Management. He is a Chartered Financial Analyst and a member of the CFA Institute and the Security Analysts of San Francisco. He holds a bachelor of science degree in business administration and finance from the University of the Pacific.
- David H. Glotzer will serve as a vice president and senior private client advisor. Most recently, he served as vice president and director for BNY Mellon Private Wealth Management where he was responsible for counseling high-net-worth families on their wealth management needs. Previously, he spent 20 years as an institutional advancement executive for non-profit organizations in the arts and cultural arena, environment and education. He serves as immediate past chairman on the board of the San Francisco Center for Psychoanalysis, and is the treasurer and chief financial officer of That Man May See, a foundation supporting the Beckman Institute at UCSF. He was educated at Columbia College and the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
- Shawn E. Brown, who joins as a vice president and senior private client advisor, has extensive experience managing the complexities of wealth for high-net-worth families. He most recently served as a director for BNY Mellon Wealth Management in San Francisco. He has a degree in business administration from Wright State University in Ohio, and is a member of the Financial Information eXchange protocol, and is chairman of the Larkin Street Youth Services Charity Golf Tournament.
- Debra R. Brusatori will serve as a vice president and senior personal trust officer and will be responsible for the administration of personal trust, investment management and custodial accounts for clients in Northern California. With more than 35 years of experience, she was most recently with BNY Mellon and previously was with Bank of America for 16 years. Brusatori attended Dominican College in San Rafael and is a Certified Trust and Financial Advisor and an Accredited Estate Planner. She is active in the San Francisco and Marin Estate Planning Councils, and is the fund development council chair for the Novato Community Hospital.
For a link to a group photo: ()
About City National
City National Bank is the wholly owned subsidiary of City National Corporation (NYSE:CYN). It is backed by $21.2 billion in total assets, and provides banking, investment and trust services through 80 offices, including 17 full-service regional centers in Southern California, the San Francisco Bay Area, Nevada and New York City. The company and its investment affiliates manage or administer $54.6 billion in client investment assets, including more than $34 billion under direct management.
For more information about City National, visit the company's Website at cnb.com.
The City National Bank logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=3143
CONTACT: City National Bank Media Contact: Debora Vrana 213.673.7631 Debora.email@example.com