WAKEFIELD, Mass., Sept. 2, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Comverse today announced the finalists in its Fifth Annual Innovation Award program for telecom operators. Organized with industry research firm Yankee Group, the awards recognize service providers for creative implementation of Comverse solutions to achieve significant business success.
This year's nominees highlight advanced capabilities for addressing new markets; offering a broader set of services; improving efficiency and effectiveness; reducing expenses; enhancing the customer experience; and boosting market penetration and revenues.
The finalists and their innovations highlight the opportunities that resourceful solutions can create in a broad range of telecom areas: billing, customer care, voice, messaging, mobile Internet and mobile advertising.
Among the finalists are:
- Bell Mobility for showcasing their new high-speed network in Canada by deploying advanced services, including Comverse HUB Visual Voicemail, Multimedia Messaging Service Center (MMSC) and Mobile Internet HUB;
- Celcom of Malaysia for achieving a breakthrough in the customer postpaid experience by using Comverse's billing capabilities, which resulted in fewer customer complaints and provided instant reactivation when necessary;
- Colt Group for replacing 13 legacy billing systems with one Comverse BSS platform that supports billing and rating for multiple currencies, languages and taxation issues in Europe;
- Guangdong Mobile for bundling several Comverse Call Completion services, locally branded as Communication Assistant, to expand the service in China;
- Maxis of Malaysia for leveraging the Maxis Comverse BSS solution, via system convergence over such service offerings as fixed, mobile, leased circuits, VSAT and broadband, to allow the company to deliver integrated communications solutions to customers on their mobile, broadband devices and at home;
- Rogers Communications for launching personalized and branded Extreme Text Messaging in Canada, with SMS Auto-Reply, Personal Signature and more on Comverse's SMS Personal Services;
- Telenet of Belgium for using Comverse ONE Billing and Active Customer Management for advanced real-time rating and charging to offer a broad set of new multi-play services with customized promotional campaigns; and
- Vodafone Italy for leveraging a Comverse mega-capacity Short Message Service Center (SMSC) solution to serve other Vodafone affiliates and mobile virtual network operators (MVNOs).
Videos illustrating each of the finalists can be seen online in the Awards Hall of Comverse EXPO 2010, the telecom industry's leading virtual event. This year, for the first time, the public was invited to vote for their favorite candidate. The three winners will be announced Sept. 14 with details of their innovations to be presented at a special live webinar session on Sept. 15 in the Comverse EXPO 2010 Auditorium.
"These innovative deployments demonstrate how Comverse solutions can meet evolving operator needs by embracing fresh perspectives to deliver greater value to our customers and their subscribers through a richer array of capabilities," said Dror Bin, President of Global Sales at Comverse, the world's leading supplier of software and systems enabling value-added messaging and content services, converged billing and active customer management, and IP communications.
"Innovation is our lifeblood, helping us to narrow the gap between imagination and reality as we expand the frontiers of communication," Bin said. "These leading operators from all over the world share Comverse's culture of creativity and constant improvement, enhancing the customer experience while improving business results."
Come see how the telecom transformation can work for you. Visit Comverse EXPO at .
Comverse is the world's leading provider of software and systems enabling value-added services for voice, messaging, mobile Internet and mobile advertising; converged billing and active customer management; and IP communications. Comverse's extensive customer base spans more than 125 countries and covers over 450 communication service providers serving more than two billion subscribers. The company's innovative product portfolio enables communication service providers to unleash the value of the network for their customers by making their networks smarter. Comverse's solutions support flexible deployment models, including in-network, hosted and managed services, and can run on circuit-switched, IP, IMS or converged network environments. Comverse is a subsidiary of Comverse Technology, Inc. (Pink Sheets:CMVT). For more information, visit .
The Comverse Technology logo is available at
All product and company names mentioned herein may be registered trademarks or trademarks of Comverse or the respective referenced company(s).
This release contains "forward-looking statements" under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 that involve risks and uncertainties. There can be no assurances that any forward-looking statements will be achieved. Important factors that could affect the statements contained herein include: changes in the demand for the company's products; changes in capital spending among the company's current and prospective customers; the risks associated with the sale of large, complex, high capacity systems and with new product introductions as well as the uncertainty of customer acceptance of these new or enhanced products from either the company or its competition; and risks associated with rapidly changing technology and the ability of the company to introduce new products on a timely and cost-effective basis. The company undertakes no commitment to update or revise forward-looking statements except as required by law.
CONTACT: Comverse Technology, Inc. Investor/Business Press: Paul D. Baker (212) 739-1060 email@example.com Industry Press: Steve Eisenberg (732) 652-4712 firstname.lastname@example.org