REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Sept. 7, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced the general availability of Informatica PowerCenter Dual Load Option for Teradata. PowerCenter Dual Load Option delivers mission-critical business continuity for Teradata customers by enabling them to perform parallel data loads reliably into Teradata Dual Active systems with a unique ability to integrate with Teradata Multi-System Manager.
In today's global information economy customers demand 24x7 access to critical business data and analytics. Without this solution, any system outage or natural disaster could impact the continuous availability of real-time data demanded by Teradata customers in Teradata Dual Active environments. By leveraging Informatica, Teradata users can now be shielded from the effects of such planned and unplanned outages since data will be loaded into multiple Teradata systems simultaneously, thus ensuring the continuous availability of critical business data.
"As the demand for sophisticated analytics and minute-by-minute decision-making intensifies, it has become crucial to manage all aspects of service level agreements for information delivery, including data 'freshness' and verifiable lineage," said Mark Beyer, Research Vice President, Gartner. "Many mission-critical data warehouses are performance constrained or expected to encounter performance issues in the near-term. Organizations are seeking to actively balance data loading processes and ensure data protection in the event of a disaster for business availability of actionable, trustworthy information."
PowerCenter Dual Load Option for Teradata enables organizations to:
- Ensure resiliency and reliability of data movement from sources to Teradata Dual Active systems.
- Maximize the efficiency of data loading across multiple Teradata Active-Active or Active-Passive systems.
- Centralize operation and administration within the Teradata Multi System Manager.
PowerCenter Dual Load Option for Teradata is generally available now through Informatica and Teradata.
Additional Supporting Quotes
- "Informatica PowerCenter Dual Load Option for Teradata is the result of significant joint collaboration between our two companies," said Stephen Brobst, chief technology officer, Teradata. "Informatica's dual load solution for Teradata provides joint customers with reliable, simultaneous loading of data into multiple Teradata systems. This collaboration also enables customers to significantly enhance disaster recovery capabilities, increase efficiency in resource utilization and reduce overall operating costs."
- "This collaboration delivers a true business continuity solution for Teradata customers," said Girish Pancha, general manager, Data Integration Product Division, Informatica. "Informatica PowerCenter Dual Load Option brings the full power and flexibility of the Informatica Platform to Teradata customers and enables 24x7 processing in today's global information economy."
Tweet this: Informatica PowerCenter Dual Load Option for Teradata Dual Active Systems Now Available from @InformaticaCorp
- Informatica PowerCenter Dual Load Option
- Informatica PowerCenter Dual Load Option downloadable datasheet
- Informatica PowerCenter
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA) is the world's number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world gain a competitive advantage in today's global information economy with timely, relevant and trustworthy data for their top business imperatives. More than 4,100 enterprises worldwide rely on Informatica to access, integrate and trust their information assets held in the traditional enterprise, off premise and in the Cloud. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit . Connect with Informatica at , and .
Note: Informatica, PowerCenter,Informatica Platform and Informatica PowerCenter Dual Load Option are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Informatica Corporation Deborah Wiltshire +1 650 385 5360 Mobile: +1 650 862 8186 firstname.lastname@example.org Ogilvy PR David Friedman +1 303 634 2674 email@example.com