REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Sept. 8, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- News Facts:
-- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced that HealthNow New York, one of the Northeast U.S.'s leading health insurance and employee benefits companies, has deployed Informatica Data Services (IDS) for data virtualization as part of its enterprise-wide data integration and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) implementation.
-- HealthNow is the parent company of BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York and BlueShield of Northeastern New York, and serves more than 815,000 members, 13,000 client companies and 2,100 employees.
-- HealthNow selected Informatica Data Services, which is built on the Informatica Platform, to complement its existing Informatica implementation. This includes PowerCenter, PowerExchange and Data Explorer.
-- Informatica Data Services provides HealthNow with:
- A flexible environment optimized for both batch and real-time, physical and virtual data integration that reuses integration logic for any application without re-work.
- Role-based user interfaces for analysts, architects and developers that leverage common metadata to support iterative business and IT collaboration and data governance.
- Integrated data profiling and data quality in the analyst's environment that enables rapid development.
- On-the-fly data quality that validates, cleanses and enriches federated data in real-time.
- A model-driven data services approach that decouples applications from data with a standards-based data abstraction layer in support of HealthNow's SOA strategy.
-- With the new data integration environment enabled by Informatica, HealthNow has been able to address all its key integration goals for 2010, including:
- Shorten the time-to-delivery of business critical data from months to days for Business Intelligence (BI) and other applications to perform pricing and risk analysis.
- Leverage existing skills with a flexible SOA-based IT architecture that is already helping the company quickly adapt to evolving healthcare trends and legislation.
- Deliver a single, trusted view of data on demand, across all enterprise data sources so business users can quickly access healthcare data (e.g., plan rate, claims, etc.).
- Provide better data governance and compliance (e.g., HIPAA, PHI, etc.) by reducing data mart proliferation and redundant data and centralizing data access and auditing.
- Streamline the analysis and certification of the quality of data across numerous legacy systems and thousands of local databases for improved trust in the data.
-- HealthNow's Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) Solution Architect and Manager, Rob Myers, will discuss the company's data services implementation at the HealthNow Information Management (IM) Symposium in Niagara Falls at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, September 15, 2010. Additionally, Rob will co-host a "Birds of a Feather" session on Data Services at 2:15 p.m. on Tuesday, September 14, 2010.
Tweet this: HealthNow Slashes Data Delivery Time and Maintenance Costs with @InformaticaCorp Data Services
-- "With Informatica Data Services, we can send consistent data to applications and do it quickly," said Rob Myers, EDW solution architect and manager, HealthNow New York. "Instead of taking six months to deploy applications, HealthNow can now provision business critical data within days so that new applications can be deployed quickly, which is a huge win for the company. We can do profiling at each step and that is impressive – no other tool can do that. We see Informatica Data Services as both an evolutionary and revolutionary capability for us. It looks and feels like other Informatica solutions and this is a skill set we already have. It also enables us to actually create data services for the organization and that is a big change for us."
-- "With healthcare reform and its uncertainties looming, it's imperative that organizations like HealthNow implement a unified data integration environment," said Shekhar Iyer, senior vice president, Healthcare and Public Sector, Informatica. "In addition to speeding up the delivery of data, lowering operational costs and decreasing IT complexity, the Informatica Platform helps organizations become more agile so they can quickly adapt to and comply with evolving healthcare legislation."
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA) is the world's number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world gain a competitive advantage in today's global information economy with timely, relevant and trustworthy data for their top business imperatives. More than 4,100 enterprises worldwide rely on Informatica to access, integrate and trust their information assets held in the traditional enterprise, off premise and in the Cloud. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/companies/3858 and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.
Note: Informatica, Informatica Data Services,Informatica Platform,PowerCenter, PowerExchange and Informatica Data Explorer are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Informatica Corporation Shira Frantzich +1 650 385 5674 firstname.lastname@example.org Ogilvy PR David Friedman +1 303 634 2674 email@example.com