REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Sept. 13, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced that Availity, the industry's premier health information network, has implemented the Informatica HIPAA 5010 Crosswalk Solution. Built on Informatica B2B technology, the solution will help ensure that Availity meets fast-approaching deadlines for HIPAA 5010 compliance, testing and full production. The Informatica HIPAA 5010 Crosswalk Solution provides complete bi-directional HIPAA 4010/5010 transaction transformations in real time. This enables Availity to exchange its customers' more than 700 million annual transactions in either HIPAA format during and beyond the 4010 to 5010 transition period – thus alleviating the risk of non-compliance while enabling a seamless flow of transactions and continued customer satisfaction.
Availity is regarded as one of the leading health information networks in the United States, offering business and clinical information exchange among 65,000 physicians, 1,300 health plans, more than 1,000 hospitals and more than 400 health care technology partners.
As the January 1, 2012 deadline for full HIPAA 5010 production looms, the Informatica solution enables Availity to:
- Address the needs and 5010-readiness timelines of all information exchange partners – Starting January 1, 2011, Availity will automatically up-convert incoming 4010A1 transactions in order to deliver outbound 5010 transactions to organizations that are 5010-ready, and down-convert incoming 5010 transactions to the 4010A1 format for delivery to partners that are not yet 5010-ready.
- Minimize business risk – With HIPAA validation for both 4010 and 5010 formats, Availity is able to test format translations prior to transacting with partners, thus alleviating potential integration problems and reducing the risk of business interruptions. Availity also gains the ability to quickly accommodate and test partner customizations as they arise.
- Maximize efficiency – Availity leverages a pre-defined packaged library of HIPAA message crosswalk rules, which the company has further customized for proprietary value to its customers. Informatica Data Transformation Accelerator makes it possible for business analysts and HIPAA experts to quickly create and validate HIPAA crosswalk rules and mappings using Excel®. This minimizes the back-and-forth communication between analysts and IT, reducing this complex task by 70 percent.
- Increase customer satisfaction – Availity now has a near universal data transformation solution to meet not only 5010 compliance obligations, but also to serve as a platform for handling additional data exchange formats, such as HL7, NCPDP, XML etc., that could affect customer operations.
Tweet this: Availity Readies for HIPAA 5010 Transition with @InformaticaCorp Crosswalk Solution
- "Availity has selected Informatica to provide the ultimate flexibility to our physician, trading partner and health plan customers during the transition to 5010 Rules," said Trent Gavazzi, chief technology officer for Availity. "Our customers want the confidence of knowing their business transactions will be converted seamlessly to accommodate any record format encountered across our network — regardless of the originator's or recipient's own format or 5010 readiness."
- "As Availity illustrates, HIPAA 5010 migration is not a one-size-fits-all proposition because every partner you exchange data with will have its own timeline and needs," said Shekhar Iyer, senior vice president, Healthcare and Public Sector, Informatica. "Providing the ability to run 4010 and 5010 simultaneously, the Informatica HIPAA 5010 Crosswalk Solution helps organizations like Availity engage in a phased migration, on a partner-by-partner basis, while protecting against the risks and costs of non-compliance and business interruption."
- Informatica HIPAA 5010 Crosswalk Solution
- B2B Data Exchange Solution for Healthcare Payers
- Informatica Data Transformation Accelerator demonstration
- Informatica Healthcare Solutions
- Availity 5010 Readiness page
About Availity, LLC – Patients. Not Paperwork.®
Availity optimizes information exchange between multiple health care stakeholders through a single, secure network. The Availity® Health Information Network encompasses administrative, financial, and clinical services, supporting both real-time and batch electronic data interchange (EDI) via the web and through business to business (B2B) integration. For more information, including an online demonstration, please visit or call 1.800.AVAILITY (282.4548).
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA) is the world's number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world gain a competitive advantage in today's global information economy with timely, relevant and trustworthy data for their top business imperatives. More than 4,100 enterprises worldwide rely on Informatica to access, integrate and trust their information assets held in the traditional enterprise, off premise and in the Cloud. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit . Connect with Informatica at , and .
Note: Informatica, Informatica B2B Data Exchange, Informatica Data Transformation Accelerator and Informatica HIPAA 5010 Crosswalk Solution are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Informatica Corporation Deborah Wiltshire +1 650 385 5360 mobile/+1 650 862 8186 email@example.com Ogilvy PR David Friedman +1 303 634 2674 firstname.lastname@example.org