CONWAY, Ark., Sept. 13, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Jennifer Rogers will introduce Rhea Lana's Children's Consignment Inc. () to Broken Arrow, Oklahoma this week at the Vandever Acres Shopping Center at 101st and Elm. The event, held Wednesday, September 15 to Saturday, September 18, is one of two new franchises announced by the nation's premier children's consignment store, Rhea Lana's Children's Consignment, today. The second new franchise will host its first event in the Spring of 2011 and is owned by Suzanne Hughes.
"We are excited to introduce this service to families in the Broken Arrow area," said Rogers. "Not only are we giving families a chance to de-clutter closets and earn money for their gently used items, we are also giving parent volunteers an opportunity to connect and network with other moms and dads in the Broken Arrow area. We are in a great location and are an easy stop for recession-weary families who want to save on or sell their used children's items."
Founded in Conway, Arkansas in 1997, Rhea Lana's Children's Consignment has hosted semi-annual sales throughout the United States for more than 13 years. The sales draw thousands of shoppers and consignors seeking the cost-savings of purchasing and selling high quality used Children's Clothing. The company was also the first consignment sale in the country to offer on-line management and tracking of all merchandise through its computerized inventory system, created by Rhea Lana and her husband, which allows consignors to monitor the status of their sale items in real-time.
"Our events offer one-stop shopping and great merchandise for bargain-conscious moms, grandmoms and moms-to-be," said Rhea Lana Riner, founder Rhea Lana's Children's Consignment. "We have hundreds of consignors and shoppers who will find incredible deals for their families at the same time they are saving money."
Consignors participating in Rhea Lana's Children's Consignment events reap a number of benefits from the company's unique approach. Consignors can:
- Select the price of each item they select to sell in Rhea Lana's Children's Consignment events.
- Choose whether they want to sell items for half price on the final days of the sale.
- Track the sale of each item using an innovative bar-coding system developed by the company.
- Earn 70% of the sale price and be paid the same week the item is sold.
- Relax knowing he/she is guaranteed that the item won't be lost and that he/she will receive payment for it or he/she may choose to donate or retrieve it.
Shoppers visiting Rhea Lana's Children's Consignment events benefit from a huge selection of high-quality, gently used children's merchandise including:
- School Uniform Section featuring uniforms for a number of public and private schools.
- Great buys on children's furniture in the event's "Furniture Nook."
- A large selection of nursery bedding, maternity clothing, nursing accessories, infant equipment (such as strollers, high chairs, car seats and portable cribs), as well as toys, children's books, video games and sports accessories.
Needy Families Win
"One of the most fulfilling things we do after each event is to donate hundreds of lovely children's items to non-profit organizations who give them directly to families in need," explained Riner. "Besides donating to an overseas orphanage, we also donate clothing to foster families and local schools who participate in our Shop for Schools program."
About Rhea Lana's Children's Consignment Events
Headquartered in Conway, Arkansas, Rhea Lana's Children's Consignment hosts semi-annual sales through 29 franchise operations in 12 states. The semi-annual events draw thousands of shoppers and consignors seeking the cost-savings of purchasing and selling high quality used children's clothing, furniture, toys and children's merchandise. The company is the first consignment sale in the country to offer on-line management and real-time tracking of merchandise through a computerized inventory system. For more information on Rhea Lana's Children's Consignment events, please visit the company's web site at . For more information on franchising opportunities with Rhea Lana's, please visit
CONTACT: Rhea Lana's, Inc. Amy Glover Bryant 501.786.9415 AmyGB@RheaLana.com