HOUSTON, Sept. 14, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Quanex Building Products Corporation (NYSE:NX) is helping window and door fabricators streamline their manufacturing operations and increase their speed to market with precertified fenestration systems. The company is taking an integrated systems approach to product development that bundles its high-performance components together into systems.
These systems merge components from Quanex's Engineered Products Group (EPG) family of businesses, which include Mikron Industries, Truseal Technologies and Homeshield Fenestration Components. Among Quanex's latest developments are two new integrated systems:
- ImperiClad™ Door System: This system combines Mikron's MikronWood™ composite jambs and trim with Homeshield's patented door threshold to provide a water-, rot- and termite-proof door system that is also easier to install than other door systems.
- EnergyCore™ Window System: This system combines Mikron's innovative AirCell™ vinyl profiles with Truseal's energy-efficient insulating glass spacer system, Duralite®. The combination generates the most energy-efficient vinyl window system on the market.
"Quanex Building Products has the unique opportunity to consolidate technology development for our customers and provide them with systems that support their own internal engineering efforts with less developmental cost. This is especially beneficial for our regional customers, which welcome our marketing prowess, as well as our engineering, design and development capabilities, to better leverage their resources," said August (Gus) J. Coppola, senior vice president and champion of Project Nexus.
Precertified window and door systems provide manufacturers with the following benefits:
- Increased speed to market: Fully functioning systems and tested technologies enable manufacturers to rapidly release new products to the marketplace.
- Fully integrated system designs: Quanex's innovative technologies are tested and modeled to ensure high performance, which may reduce or eliminate the need for manufacturers to undergo testing.
- Pre-certified systems: Pre-certification guarantees that the end product will pass certification testing for manufacturers that follow recommended processes.
- Meeting today's energy-efficiency demands, while anticipating future ones: Quanex systems improve the energy efficiency of end products, helping manufacturers meet or exceed end market requirements.
- Streamlined sourcing: Quanex's EPG companies become a one-stop shop for customers, enabling them to reduce multiple deliveries from multiple vendors.
- Reliable source of supply: Quanex's proven financial strength and stability as a leading industry supplier to the window and door market ensures a reliable supply channel for customers.
The integrated systems approach aligns with Quanex's Project Nexus initiative, which synchronizes the efforts of the sales, marketing and engineering teams from the company's three EPG businesses. Under Project Nexus, Quanex's newly formed Innovation Board -- which includes leading technologists from each business -- is charged with investigating and developing similarly new systems like ImperiClad™ and EnergyCore™.
Quanex Building Products Corporation is an industry-leading manufacturer of engineered materials, components and systems serving the U.S. residential window and door markets. It is an ROIC-driven company that grows shareholder returns through a combination of organic growth via new products, new programs like Project Nexus and strategic acquisitions.
The Quanex Building Products Corporation logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=1117
Statements that use the words "expect," "should," "believe," "will," "might," or similar words reflecting future expectations or beliefs are forward-looking statements. The statements found above are based on current expectations. Actual results or events may differ materially from this release. Factors that could impact future results may include, without limitation, the effect of both domestic and global economic conditions, the impact of competitive products and pricing, and the availability and cost of raw materials. For a more complete discussion of factors that may affect the company's future performance, please refer to the company's most recent 10-K filing on December 18, 2009, under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, in particular the section titled, "Private Securities Litigation Reform Act" contained therein. The forward-looking statements are intended to express the company's expectations as of the date of this release. We undertake no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
For general information about Quanex, visit our website at .
CONTACT: Quanex Building Products Corporation Financial Contact: Jeff Galow 713-877-5327 Media Contact: Valerie Calvert 713-877-5305