REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Sept. 16, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- News Facts:
- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced that RAE Systems Inc. (NYSE Amex:RAE), is using Informatica Cloud.
- A leader in delivering innovative sensor solutions to industrial, energy, environmental and government safety markets worldwide, RAE Systems is powering a seamless environment for handling service repair orders for its mission- and life-critical sensor equipment.
- RAE System's sophisticated sensors are playing a vital role in protecting cleanup workers during 2010 Gulf Oil Spill response efforts, and it is imperative that the company respond quickly to requests for repair or replacement.
- Informatica Cloud provides data synchronization between RAE Systems' Oracle E-Business Suite and salesforce.com implementations to fully automate the company's service order process, thus enhancing the productivity and efficiency of the RAE Systems service team and ensuring urgent orders are not missed.
- Informatica Cloud has enabled RAE Systems to:
- Eliminate dual data entry – Informatica Cloud integration enables RAE Systems service personnel to book service orders and get parts shipped from a single system which previously required logging into and coordinating multiple systems.
- Achieve visibility into repair order process – Between 50 and 100 repair requests a day flow seamlessly between Oracle ERP and Salesforce CRM systems, with complete automation and visibility into the process so orders are not missed and are not lost.
- Increase service responsiveness – RAE Systems service representatives are now able to focus on the customer service aspect of each transaction rather than on order-entry concerns.
- Enable repair order accuracy – Informatica Cloud provides integrated data cleansing capabilities to help ensure the integrity of product, pricing and other data used in the creation of service orders.
- Automatic bi-directional data flows between Oracle E-Business Suite and salesforce.com created and managed with Informatica Cloud at RAE Systems include:
- Pricing and product updates from Oracle ERP flowing into Salesforce CRM.
- Quotes based on status in Salesforce CRM flowing into Oracle ERP for booking.
- Account and contact information in Salesforce CRM mapping to Oracle ERP.
- The RAE Systems U.S. service order environment is now completely automated by Informatica Cloud, which was implemented in fewer than three months with help from Informatica Professional Services.
- Based on present success, Informatica Cloud is slated to be extended to the RAE Systems European service operation in the near term and there are plans to extend the integration to its partner distribution network.
- Informatica Cloud was selected by RAE Systems over other solutions for its easy-to-use, yet powerful, software-as-a-service (SaaS) data integration capabilities that could be implemented quickly and managed with minimal IT resources.
Tweet this: RAE Systems Uses @InformaticaCorp Cloud Services In Gulf Oil Spill Response
- "With Informatica, we are deriving additional business value from our Oracle ERP and Salesforce CRM implementations and addressing service orders in an efficient fashion to help protect lives," said Lien Chen, Director, Corporate IT, RAE Systems. "Informatica Cloud ensures that orders don't get missed and vital shipments are delivered on time. We evaluated three vendors and it's clear to us that Informatica is ahead of the curve in cloud data integration. The simplicity and ease of Informatica Cloud in handling sophisticated tasks are exceptional."
- "RAE Systems underscores the ease with which organizations of all sizes can leverage Informatica Cloud to rapidly integrate advanced application systems such as Oracle E-Business Suite and salesforce.com," said Ron Papas, general manager, Informatica Cloud. "We are thrilled that our technology played a key role in helping RAE Systems protect the health of workers on the front line of the Gulf Oil Crisis this past summer. Their ability to efficiently handle customers' time-critical service needs is a dramatic example of the power of cloud data integration."
RAE System's Director, Corporate IT, Lien Chien, will be participating in the Leaders Circle at Oracle OpenWorld, September 21-22, 2010 at the Westin St. Francis in San Francisco, California. Additionally, Informatica will be exhibiting at booth 921, Moscone South. Informatica will showcase the Informatica Platform to highlight its leadership in enterprise data management and data integration, including Cloud Data Integration, Database Archiving, Data Masking and Data Quality.
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA) is the world's number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world gain a competitive advantage in today's global information economy with timely, relevant and trustworthy data for their top business imperatives. More than 4,100 enterprises worldwide rely on Informatica to access, integrate and trust their information assets held in the traditional enterprise, off premise and in the Cloud. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit .
Note: Informatica, Informatica Platform and Informatica Cloud are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Informatica Corporation Deborah Wiltshire +1 650 385 5360 Mobile: +1 650 862 8186 email@example.com Ogilvy PR David Friedman +1 303 634 2674 firstname.lastname@example.org