REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Sept. 21, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- News Facts:
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced that Hartford Hospital, one of the largest patient care centers in New England, has standardized on Informatica PowerCenter, part of the Informatica Platform, to meet its data integration needs.
With nearly 40,000 annual discharges, 80,000 annual emergency room visits and more than 7,000 employees, Hartford Hospital is using the Informatica solution to:
-- Collect and interpret copious data — over a million records a night — in various formats spread across many different business systems — accounts payable, human resources, purchasing, payroll and inventory — in support of management reporting and other key functions.
-- Support the hospital's payroll data mart, operational data store and patient throughput dashboard:
- Enables departments across the enterprise to understand their payroll expenses more quickly, so they can budget and staff accordingly to avoid additional costs.
- Acts as the central hub for Hartford Hospital's patient throughput dashboard: extracts data from various systems, including Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase and flat files, with very little processing and drops it into the database.
-- Publish timely and accurate reports, which support regulatory agency reporting requirements to help avoid audits.
-- Increase efficiency, reduce overhead costs and enhance quality of care, which improves patient satisfaction.
-- Achieve return on investment in terms of time savings for the hospital's staff.
The success achieved from integrating data from its financial and administrative systems has spurred Hartford to expand its use of the Informatica Platform to combine clinical data from core patient care systems.
Tweet this: Hartford Hospital Gets Healthy Data with @InformaticaCorp: Optimizes Patient Care and Operational Efficiency
- "In terms of data, we were facing a common business challenge – each business area purchased a different system to take care of its unique business processes," said Ron M'Sadoques, technical services manager, Revenue Cycle team, Hartford Hospital. "These individual systems contain data that is essential for decision making, as input to other applications or for delivery to regulatory agencies, vendors or business partners. The Informatica Platform makes this data both accessible and usable, enabling a high level of collaboration across our enterprise to enhance patient satisfaction and the overall operational efficiency of the hospital."
- "Like many large enterprises, healthcare organizations have complex, high-volume data integration requirements," said Shekhar Iyer, senior vice president, Healthcare and Public Sector, Informatica. "Hartford Hospital is no exception, but they found a way to successfully address the situation. By implementing the Informatica Platform, Hartford Hospital now has the ability to easily access, integrate and trust its information assets. This has resulted in increased operational efficiency, improved information management and assured compliance with regulatory and industry standards. What's more, the increased efficiency and costs savings Hartford Hospital has been able to achieve with Informatica has helped to create high quality and affordable healthcare for Hartford's patients."
- Success Story: Transforming Healthcare with Integrated Data Platform
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA) is the world's number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world gain a competitive advantage in today's global information economy with timely, relevant and trustworthy data for their top business imperatives. More than 4,100 enterprises worldwide rely on Informatica to access, integrate and trust their information assets held in the traditional enterprise, off premise and in the Cloud. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/companies/3858 and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.
Note: Informatica, Informatica PowerCenter and Informatica Platform are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Informatica Corporation Shira Frantzich +1 650 385 5674 email@example.com Ogilvy PR David Friedman +1 303 634 2674 firstname.lastname@example.org