REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Sept. 22, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- News Facts:
- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced that Highmark Inc., one of the largest health insurers in the United States, has standardized on the Informatica Platform for enterprise-wide data integration.
- The Informatica Platform provides the critical foundation for Highmark's Business Intelligence (BI) environment by accessing and integrating billions of records across diverse operational systems, such as claims, membership and provider systems, alongside external feeds from pharmacy benefits managers and specialized health plan providers.
- Highmark relies on timely, trusted data to meet its key business objectives of improving health outcomes, lowering costs through wellness programs, streamlining administrative and claims processes, attracting and retaining healthcare plan members and meeting regulatory requirements.
- Highmark uses the integrated data to deliver a self-service Web portal to its 4.7 million health members – providing visibility into claims status, medical history and flexible spending accounts. This also gives personalized guidance on selecting the best insurance plan.
- Informatica enables Highmark to integrate various types of data from diverse sources, including COBOL mainframe files, various relational databases, flat files and XML.
- As an essential enabler for Highmark Business Intelligence capabilities, the Informatica Platform delivers the underlying data for financial reporting, predictive analysis for fraud detection and consolidated claims lifecycle analysis. These capabilities have been expanded to deliver consolidated information to meet real-time operational needs resulting in significant improvements to member experience and wellness coaching.
- Informatica's codeless development and platform approach to integration help ensure Highmark's business agility and rapid response to changing information needs, and seamless scalability to handle business growth.
Tweet this: Highmark Relies on @InformaticaCorp for Improved Operations, Compliance and Member Satisfaction #dataintegration
- "The Informatica Platform is helping us sharpen our focus on members, streamline data integration and administration and respond effectively to regulatory requests," said Sue Jones, director of Business Information Applications, Highmark. "With Informatica, we are able to give members a complete, integrated picture of their health situation and the services available to them. We could not have done this the traditional way by hand coding the software. There is simply no way we could have kept up with the rate of change, our growing data volumes and the scale of operations we now have."
- "Highmark's use of the Informatica Platform touches just about every aspect of its business, including supporting a growing new focus in healthcare – empowering patients with information to promote wellness," said Shekhar Iyer, senior vice president, Healthcare and Public Sector, Informatica. "Healthcare is one of many industries undergoing disruptive change today and technology can transform the way patients, providers and payers work together. Among the key advantages of the Informatica Platform is that it enables organizations to stay agile in the face of rapid change and make full use of their information to drive competitive advantage and customer satisfaction."
- Success Story: Empowering Member-Centric Healthcare with Integrated Data
As one of the leading health insurers in Pennsylvania, Highmark Inc.'s mission is to provide access to affordable, quality health care enabling individuals to live longer, healthier lives. Based in Pittsburgh, Highmark serves 4.7 million people through the company's health care benefits business. Highmark contributes millions of dollars to help keep quality health care programs affordable and to support community-based programs that work to improve people's health. Highmark exerts an enormous economic impact throughout Pennsylvania. A recent study states that Highmark's positive impact exceeded $2.5 billion. The company provides the resources to give its members a greater hand in their health.
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA) is the world's number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world gain a competitive advantage in today's global information economy with timely, relevant and trustworthy data for their top business imperatives. More than 4,100 enterprises worldwide rely on Informatica to access, integrate and trust their information assets held in the traditional enterprise, off premise and in the Cloud. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/companies/3858 and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.
Note: Informatica and Informatica Platform are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Informatica Corporation Shira Frantzich +1 650 385 5674 email@example.com Ogilvy PR David Friedman +1 303 634 2674 firstname.lastname@example.org