A big-screen television left outside in the sun this week was blamed for a fire that caused minor damage to a Springfield apartment. Assistant Fire Chief Randy Villines called the blaze "bizarre" and said mirrors inside the projection TV likely bounced and concentrated sunlight enough to start a fire.
The TV was left outside the apartment building Monday with the screen facing toward a parking lot.
The Springfield News-Leader reported that one person was arrested at the scene on suspicion of an unrelated charge, but Villines declined to give additional details.
One apartment complex resident was treated for smoke inhalation but refused further treatment.
Officials said a sprinkler system installed on the outside patio possibly prevented the blaze from spreading more rapidly to the wooden balconies above the patio.