NEW YORK, Sept. 27, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PM360, one of the fastest growing publications in the pharmaceutical and medical device industry, recognized 32 marketers and manufacturers that have blazed a trail for others to follow. The PM360Trailblazer Awards, which recognizes outstanding achievement and innovation in pharmaceutical/biotech and medical device marketing, was held at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in New York City.
The keynote speaker for the event was Anthony Hooper, Bristol-Myers Squibb's President U.S., Japan, and Intercontinental. Hooper also was 2009's Trailblazer Award recipient.
"Trailblazers are individuals who are not afraid to take risks, explore new marketing approaches, or implement groundbreaking tactics," said Anna Stashower, PM360's publisher. "They display outstanding leadership qualities, innovative thinking, and dedication to improving patient lives. These qualities, along with their approach to marketing, is nothing short of remarkable and therefore deserves honor and recognition."
The 14 brand managers who won the PM360 2010 Trailblazer Awards were:
- Andy Boyle: Sanofi-Aventis for Multaq (Cardiology)
- Priya Madan Brooke: Bristol-Myers Squibb for Abilify (CNS)
- Stuart Davis: Sanofi-Aventis for Sculptra Aesthetic (Dermatology)
- Jeff Dierks: Endo for Lidoderm (Pain/Inflammation)
- Jennifer George: ArthroCare Spine for SpineWand (Medical Device)
- Sharon Griff: Amag for Feraheme (Hematology/Oncology)
- Eileen Grossman: Boehringer Ingelheim for Flomax (Men/s Health)
- Jim Kerrigan: Otsuka America for Samsca (Diabetes/Metabolic Diseases)
- Todd Love: Alcon for Opti-Free RepleniSH MPDS (Ophthalmology)
- Glenn MacEachern: Upsher-Smith for AmLactin, Divigel, PreNexa, Slo-Niacin (Women's Health)
- Andrew Otoo: Pfizer for Prevnar 13 Adult (Infectious Diseases)
- Joe Shields: Pfizer for Enbrel (Autoimmune)
- Andrew Watson: Wockhardt for Bromfed DM (Respiratory)
- Andrew Young: Eisai for AcipHex (gastrointestinal)
In addition to recognizing outstanding marketers, PM360 also honored four trailblazing companies for their vision, focus on social responsibility, and commitment to their culture and employees. Hooper of BMS, presented the awards to the following companies:
- AstraZeneca for the Pharmaceutical/Biotech Company of the Year
- Baxter International for the Medical Device Company of the Year
- Harrison and Star for the Advertising Agency of the Year
- Healthy Advice Networks for the Supplier/Vendor of the Year
Lastly, PM360 recognized 14 initiatives that have accelerated brands despite the current economic challenges. While these winning initiatives can be found online at , they are also listed here:
- Consumer Healthcare Publication of the Year: CURE Magazine CURE Media Group
- Consumer PR Campaign of the Year: "Race with Insulin" Novo Nordisk and Marina Maher Communications
- Consumer Website/Online Initiative of the Year: "GoMeals" app Sanofi-Aventis and Intouch Solutions
- Direct-to-Consumer Campaign of the Year: "ABILIFY Blackboard Campaign" Bristol-Myers Squibb and JWT
- Direct-to-Patient Campaign of the Year: "RA Management Guide & Living With RA Group" sponsored by Enbrel; Everyday Health
- Interactive Marketing of the Year: "Stop Sports Infections Campaign" Kimberly-Clark Health Care
- Persistence Program of the Year: "The HER Connection" Genentech BioOncology and DKI Direct
- Product Launch of the Year: Treanda Cephalon Oncology and LyonHeart (now LLNS)
- Professional Campaign of the Year: "AzaSite Metal Man" Inspire and Dudnyk
- Professional PR Campaign of the Year: "Put Science on Your Side" Abbott Diagnostics and LehmanMillet
- Professional Publication of the Year: "Postgraduate Medicine" JTE Multimedia
- Professional Website/Online Initiative of the Year: "Physicians World Confidence-Based Learning" KnowledgePoint 360 Group
- Unbranded Campaign of the Year: "1 in 3 People" Novartis and Hill Holliday
- Video Commercial of the Year: "Mission and Commitment" Bristol-Myers Squibb
PM360 is the premier, must-read magazine for marketing decision makers in the pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device industries. Published monthly, it is the only journal that focuses on delivering the full spectrum (360 degrees) of information necessary for marketers to succeed in the complex and highly regulated healthcare environment.
The journal's targeted editorial focuses on issues that impact critical decision making, including: planning and implementation of cutting edge strategies, trends, the latest technological advances, branding/marketing, advertising/promotion, patient/professional education, sales, market research, PR, and leadership.
The Trailblazer Awards event drew key executives from a broad cross section of the industry and was sponsored by the following companies:
- Charter – Cegedim Dendrite
- Platinum – Group DCA
- Gold – Wishbone
- Silver – Dudnyk
- Silver – CMI and Compas Inc.
CONTACT: PM360 Elizabeth Roberts 646 300-8114 email@example.com