REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Oct. 5, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- News Facts:
-- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced Chicago and New York City dates and speakers for its Zero Latency Tour, a global series of customer-driven events showcasing next-generation, ultra-low latency enterprise messaging for capital markets.
-- In today's electronic marketplaces, reliable sub-millisecond messaging is key to handling increasing trading volumes, taking on more and new types of business, meeting regulatory requirements and providing more responsive client service.
-- Top market authorities join leading customers of Informatica's Messaging Business Unit (formerly 29West) in discussing market trends and low latency strategies at the following events:
- – John Lothian, CEO, John Lothian, Inc. will present a keynote on "High Regulatory Latency in a Low Latency World," followed by an Insight Debate moderated by Jim Northey, LaSalle Technology and featuring the perspectives of Walter Lefmann, director of Market Data Infrastructure, Chicago Trading Company; Dieter Marlovics, CTO, Gelber Group; and Brian Adams, EVP, Chief Information Officer, Rosenthal Collins Group LLC.
- – Kevin McPartland, senior analyst, Tabb Group, will present a keynote entitled "The Continued Evolution of e-Trading: Flatter, Faster and More Efficient," and moderate an Insight Debate featuring the perspectives of John Ryan, chief architect, Direct Edge; Yuri Salkinder, head of US Electronic Trading Technology, Credit-Suisse; David Winig, Head of High Frequency Algo IT, Deutsche Bank and Yoav Hirsch, global head of Smart Routing & Crossing Technology, Morgan Stanley.
-- Informatica Ultra Messaging solutions are the standard for reliable and resilient low latency messaging at leading banks, exchanges, trading companies and other financial enterprises including Chicago Stock Exchange, Currenex, Direct Edge, FXCM, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Saxo Bank, TradeFair and others.
Tweet this: Zero Latency Tour Coming To Chicago and NYC, Showcasing Next-Generation High-Speed Messaging with @InformaticaCorp http://bit.ly/c6g1hJ
- "Relying on legacy messaging solutions in today's capital markets is a clear path to non-competitiveness," said John Ryan, chief architect, Direct Edge. "It's imperative to look for the best possible latency coupled with enterprise-class scalability and reliability and a superior vision for the future of low-latency. This is what makes Informatica such a standout solution. Having looked at a number of messaging technologies, both hardware and software, Informatica, using commodity hardware, consistently outperformed the others without the need for proprietary, restrictive and unproven hardware appliances."
- "If we hit the trading volume limit and the system halts, our trading and risk management capabilities could be severely hampered or disabled. That may sound draconian but it's a fact of life," said Michel Andre, CTO, Saxo Bank. "Informatica technology and products allows us to grow our business and take on more sophisticated clients, such as clients doing algorithmic trading, and larger institutions. It also allows for us to expand our offering into other demanding assets. With this technology in-house we have gained the competitive advantage of limitless scalability and ultra low latency messaging."
- "Breakthrough performance, easy manageability and cost-effectiveness are essential requirements in meeting the messaging needs of today's fast-changing financial markets," said Mark Mahowald, general manager, Messaging Business Unit, Informatica. "Building on a consistent record of innovation, Informatica is continuing to push the envelope in ultra-low latency messaging. As our customers attest, our solutions fit easily into existing environments, leverage commodity hardware and literally put their businesses on the 'real' real-time map, with all the competitive advantages that suggests."
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA) is the world's number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world gain a competitive advantage in today's global information economy with timely, relevant and trustworthy data for their top business imperatives. More than 4,100 enterprises worldwide rely on Informatica to access, integrate and trust their information assets held in the traditional enterprise, off premise and in the Cloud. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit . Connect with Informatica at , and .
Note: Informatica and Ultra Messaging are registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Informatica Corporation Deborah Wiltshire +1 650 385 5360 mobile/+1 650 862 8186 email@example.com Ogilvy PR David Friedman +1 303 634 2674 firstname.lastname@example.org