ADVISORY, Oct. 6, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) will visit the NASDAQ MarketSite in New York City's Times Square to celebrate October as National Italian-American Heritage Month.
In honor of the occasion, NIAF representatives will ring the NASDAQ Closing Bell.
- Joseph V. Del Raso, Esq., President of NIAF
- Bob Greifeld, Chief Executive Officer of NASDAQ OMX and 2008 NIAF Special Achievement in Business Awardee
- Mario Gabelli, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of GAMCO Investors and NIAF Board Member
- Joe Uva, Chief Executive Officer of Univision Communications, Inc. and recipient of the 2010 NIAF One America Award
- Lidia Matticchio Bastianich, noted chef and 2009 recipient of a NIAF Special Achievement Award for Humanitarian Service
- Maria Bartiromo, CNBC's "Closing Bell" host, long-time NIAF supporter, Grand Marshal of the 2010 Columbus Day Parade and author of the upcoming book, "The Weekend that Changed Wall Street"
NASDAQ MarketSite – 4 Times Square – 43rd & Broadway – Broadcast Studio
Thursday, October 7th, 2010 at 3:50 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. ET
The Closing Bell is available from 3:50 p.m. to 4:05 p.m. on AMC-3/C-3 (ul 5985V; dl 3760H). The feed can also be found on Ascent fiber 1623. If you have any questions, please contact Robert Madden (646) 441-5045.
An audio transmission of the Closing Bell is also available from 3:50 p.m. to 4:05 p.m. on uplink IA6 C band / transponder 24, downlink frequency 4180 horizontal. The feed can be found on Ascent fiber 1623 as well.
Facebook and Twitter
For multimedia features such as exclusive content, photo postings, status updates and video of bell ceremonies please visit our Facebook page at:
For news tweets, please visit our Twitter page at:
A live webcast of the NASDAQ Closing Bell will be available at:
To obtain a hi-resolution photograph of the Market Close, please go to and click on the market close of your choice.
About National Italian American Foundation (NIAF):
The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) is a non-profit organization based in Washington, D.C., dedicated to preserving the heritage of Italian Americans. Visit .
About NASDAQ OMX:
The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. is the world's largest exchange company. It delivers trading, exchange technology and public company services across six continents, with approximately 3,600 listed companies. NASDAQ OMX offers multiple capital raising solutions to companies around the globe, including its U.S. listings market, NASDAQ OMX Nordic, NASDAQ OMX Baltic, NASDAQ OMX First North, and the U.S. 144A sector. The company offers trading across multiple asset classes including equities, derivatives, debt, commodities, structured products and exchange-traded funds. NASDAQ OMX technology supports the operations of over 70 exchanges, clearing organizations and central securities depositories in more than 50 countries. NASDAQ OMX Nordic and NASDAQ OMX Baltic are not legal entities but describe the common offering from NASDAQ OMX exchanges in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Iceland, Tallinn, Riga, and Vilnius. For more information about NASDAQ OMX, visit . *Please follow NASDAQ OMX on Facebook () and Twitter ().