DETROIT, Oct. 12, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Compuware Corporation (Nasdaq:CPWR), the technology performance company, today announced a first-of-its-kind SaaS-based application performance management (APM) solution that provides visibility from the First Mile (the data center) to the Last Mile (the end-user). The new Gomez First Mile, together with Gomez outside-in monitoring, allows organizations whose business depends on Web applications to quickly assess the business impact of a problem and instantly determine whether the cause of the problem resides in the data center, on the Internet, with a third-party provider or with the user's browser or device. In addition to its unique end-to-end visibility, the Gomez First Mile is being applauded by industry analysts for its ground-breaking speed of implementation, which can deliver value in hours versus traditional data center solutions requiring weeks or months.
"This is a game changing move in application performance management," said Tony Baer, senior analyst with Ovum. " Gomez First Mile is the first solution that unifies real-user and active monitoring to automatically correlate traffic volume, data center, and end-user response time, providing instant visibility into how many users and page views are impacted by internal and external performance issues."
This major announcement represents the next phase in Compuware's strategic vision of bringing together Enterprise and Internet application performance management and symbolizes a significant milestone in the evolution of APM. Never before have enterprises been able to adopt a single, SaaS-based solution that provides outside-in visibility starting from the end user and extending all the way into the back of the data center.
"We believe the First Mile represents the most disruptive technology the APM market has seen since the introduction of appliance-based real user monitoring a decade ago," said Bob Paul, President and Chief Operating Officer of Compuware Corporation. "Its differentiation comes from two simple concepts: end-to-end visibility across the enterprise and Internet that has never before been possible, and a deployment model that delivers value in literally hours instead of months. This is the first of many innovations to come as part of our enterprise-Internet strategy."
The Gomez First Mile is delivered as part of Compuware's Fall 2010 APM release, which includes new versions of the Gomez and Vantage product lines. In this APM -wide product release, Compuware is providing major updates to both the Gomez and Vantage offerings, which are further unified through a new " First Mile to Last Mile" operations dashboard that seamlessly blends diagnostics and metrics from both product lines to instantly determine if a Web performance issue originates in the data center, the Internet, a third-party provider or a user's browser or mobile device.
"The Gomez First Mile is a breath of fresh air," said Dennis Drogseth, Vice President, Enterprise Management Systems. "First Mile combines a cohesive view of application performance inside and outside the firewall with cross-domain awareness – at a price point and time to deployment that should make it hugely attractive."
In addition to the First Mile, the Gomez Fall Release also includes:
- Cross-Browser Automated Image Analysis --The industry's first automated browser image analyzer using Gomez's patent-pending "RenderInspector" technology saves testing teams time and money.
- Gomez Multi-browser Agent Family Expansion --The Gomez multi-browser agent family has been expanded to include support for the Firefox agent across the Last Mile network and Gomez load testing. Organizations can further optimize their Web applications for all leading browsers.
- Gomez Recorder --The Gomez recorder can now be used to record scripts for active monitoring, mobile monitoring, and load testing, thereby reducing training and operational costs.
To read about the full scope of the key enhancements included in the Gomez Fall 2010 Platform Release, view the "what's new" page.
The Compuware Vantage 11.5 release helps businesses to realize the value of disruptive technologies, such as virtualization and WAN optimization, and Java/.Net application architectures by managing them as part of unified application performance solution. New functionality includes:
- VMware Ready--Provides VMware customers with the assurance that they are choosing the best solution to address their APM needs. Unlike other APM solutions, Vantage provides application performance management across both physical and virtual environments.
- WAN Optimization Support--Provides the only true real-user monitoring solution that non-intrusively measures end-user experience in Riverbed and Cisco WAAS optimized WAN environments.
- Java/.NET Analysis Driven from End-User Experience--Allows IT to manage Java and .NET applications in context of the end-u, as opposed to other solutions that start from the JVM/CLR perspective and rely on limited integration points between separate analysis and reporting products.
To read about the full scope of the key enhancements included in Vantage 11.5, view the What's New page.
Together, Compuware Vantage and Gomez deliver the market's only application performance management solution that provides broad visibility and deep-dive resolution across the entire application delivery chain, spanning both the Enterprise and the Internet. With a unified view into application performance, IT can dramatically accelerate problem resolution times and minimize end-user downtime, resulting in improved customer satisfaction, enhanced brand perception and increased revenue.
Follow us on Twitter at: and .
Founded in 1973, Compuware provides software, experts and best practices to ensure applications work well and deliver business value. Compuware solutions optimize end-to-end application performance for leading organizations around the world, including 46 of the top 50 Fortune 500 companies and 12 of the top 20 most visited U.S. web sites. Learn more at: .
The Compuware logo is available at
CONTACT: Compuware Press Contact Kayla Siefker, Compuware Vantage Public Relations Manager 313-227-1402 email@example.com For Sales and Marketing Information 800-521-9353 http://www.compuware.com One Campus Martius Detroit, MI 48226