NEW YORK, Oct. 14, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Customers looking to travel to London over the winter period may now take advantage of two great offerings from British Airways – a sale and two nights' free hotel stay.
Launched today, the sale offers discounts from all 19 U.S. gateways plus two nights' free hotel accommodation at select three and four star hotels in central London when purchasing roundtrip airfares between the U.S. and the U.K.
Roundtrip airfares begin at $412 between New York (JFK or Newark) and London. Comparable airfares are available from all 19 British Airways' U.S. cities. Prices are available for sale through Tuesday midnight (EDT), Oct. 26, 2010. Travel is valid from Oct. 21, 2010, through Apr. 3, 2011 (excluding Dec. 20-22, 2010).
London hotels participating in this offer include the Royal National, President, Best Western Burns, The Lancaster Gate Hotel, Fraser Place Queens Gate Apartments, Holiday Inn Kensington Forum, Hilton Docklands and Holiday Inn London Regents Park. The two free hotel nights are based on double occupancy; single occupants are offered one free hotel night.
World Traveller roundtrip fares must be booked and purchased seven days in advance and are nonrefundable. Fares may be higher for other travel dates and from other U.S. departure gateways. Weekend (Thursday-Sunday) surcharge applies at $30 each way. Fares are subject to government approval and do not include government fees and taxes from approximately $188 and a $2.50 September 11th Security Fee. Minimum stay of Saturday night is required and maximum stay is 11 months. Hotel accommodation must be booked with British Airways flights or British Airways codeshare services operated by American Airlines only during the promotional period. Other significant restrictions apply.
Further information on this promotion and other British Airways offers are available by visiting the airline's website, .
Notes to editors:
- Sample roundtrip fares from all 19 U.S. gateways to London:
- American Airlines, British Airways and Iberia have launched their transatlantic joint business, giving customers access to a global network of over 400 destinations, more convenient connections and better scheduled travel times.
- British Airways introduced 'dynamic packaging' last year on ba.com. The new technology, which allows customers to buy flight+hotel packages in one easy booking, provides BA with a strong proposition in the increasingly sophisticated and price conscious leisure travel market. The recently introduced 'lowest price holiday finder' will display alternative holiday dates to the requested customer's departure date enabling them to see at a glance the best time of the week to travel on. This will benefit anyone looking for value, anyone on a budget, flexible holiday-makers and those who do not have the time to shop around.
- London Heathrow's Terminal 5 is the exclusive home to British Airways and has looked after more than 50 million customers. Customer feedback has been excellent.
- British Airways has launched a program permitting customers to choose to offset their carbon emissions. Visit for more details.
The British Airways logo is available at
CONTACT: Americas Communications Media Contact: (347)-418-4100